Do you REALLY know what is stress?
This is your chance to join us for an empowering workshop to build your resilience and acquire tools to mitigate the impact of the stressors on your well-being
In Today’s technologically advanced society it has been described by many as being a high-pressured and fast-paced world that is filled with uncertainty and ambiguity, a world that is oftentimes just plain stressful. This can affect our daily lives as we are often faced with great pressure, and our stress levels may become extremely heightened, especially towards the end of the year! A lack of insufficient knowledge and tools to effectively manage stress may lead to destructive coping mechanisms, resulting in burnout, depleting our adrenal system – undermining our health, both personally and professionally.
This workshop has been tailored to examine present stresses,this workshop will be a combination of theory and practical experiential learning.
In addition, A qualified yoga instructor will help develop constructive coping mechanisms and teach relaxation techniques. There are a number of ways in which Yoga helps an individual to not only calm the mind and body but also assists with our internal organs, posture and flexibility. LifeLine Counselors will also be able to assist further with an opportunity for debriefing and support.
What Will I learn:
By attending this course, you will learn manage stress and build personal resilience by:
- Learn about stress, What is stress, What does it look like and including the typical responses,
- When stress can be good and bad, and what phases people typically go through when they are stressed.
- Creating an awareness of your levels of stress and how to recognise when we are under stress
- Looking at the specific factors (personality styles and environmental factors) contributing to your stress
- Affording an opportunity to debrief and unpack some work related or personal stresses
- Allowing participants to de-stress during the course of the day
- Developing personalized tools for managing stress more effectively and proactively
- Addressing lifestyle factors
- Providing relaxation tools
This workshop is open to all public members living a busy lifestyle and wanting to attend this exciting One day workshop.
Where: LifeLine Johannesburg Training Centre in Norwood
Address: No. 2, The Avenue, Corner of Henrietta Road, Norwood, 2192
Date: Saturday 26th November 2016 OR Saturday 28th January 2016
Cost: R950.00. This cost includes both a LifeLine facilitator who is a registered counsellor with the HPCSA, specialising in trauma and stress, qualified yoga instructor, Manual, tea/coffee break and light snacks.
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Norwood Mall
Account Number: 201 624 869
Branch Code: 004105
Reference: Your Name + Stress