HIV AND AIDS PUBLIC WORKSHOP 2016
Understanding the disease and treatment protocols to assist infected employees
World AIDS Day is held on the 1st December each year and is an opportunity for people worldwide to unite in the fight against HIV, show their support for people living with HIV and to commemorate people who have died. World AIDS Day was the first ever global health day, held for the first time in 1988.
World AIDS Day is an opportunity to show support to and solidarity with the millions of people living with HIV. LifeLine Johannesburg will be providing a red ribbon to each individual that attends our workshop!
LifeLine Johannesburg has created a public workshop to speak about the myths, misconceptions, and uncovering HIV/AIDS in a broader context. We will focus on awareness of HIV, symptoms surrounding HIV, HIV in the workplace as well pre and post-test counselling.
LifeLine Corporate will be running a one-day workshop to address these issues. It will also include a talk on treatment protocols and nutrition by Guest speaker: Saranne Meyersfeld, a specialist on HIV and AIDS Research Programme and Development
This workshop will cover the following topics:
1. The history regarding HIV/AIDS.
2. Common myths.
3. The difference between HIV and AIDS.
4. How to get tested and the different types of tests related to HIV.
5. Opportunistic infections related to HIV.
6. Prevention of transmitting HIV
7. Mother to child HIV transmission.
8. Substance abuse and the impact thereof on HIV.
9. Living with HIV.
10. Counselling, support and self-care.
11. Open discussion for Q & A
Why attend this programme:
- To offer up to date and appropriate HIV/AIDS information and awareness
- To enhance understanding of the epidemic
- To provide information that helps address myths and misconceptions in our relationship
- To assist participants with their case studies and provide an introduction to support and containing skills
- To empower participants with the knowledge and skills to manage the epidemic in their relationships with others
- To provide a forum for questions, discussion and further referrals
- so keep abreast of HIV treatment protocols
Who should attend:
- This workshop is open to all individuals of the public
- Health and safety officers
- Human Resource Practitioners
Date: 1st December 2016
Venue: LifeLine Johannesburg, Training Centre in Norwood
Cost: R500.00 per participant.This includes tea/coffee and notes handout. HIV testing will be available afterwards and counselling with pre/post counselling made available at your service.
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Number: 201 624 869
Branch code: 004105
Branch: Norwood Mall
Ref: HIV+ Your Name
For bookings, Please email: email@example.com